Tricia Ferguson flowers are committed to providing quality products and services to our customers. We strive to use only the freshest possible floral materials in all our bouquets and arrangements, however it is important to remember that flowers are perishable and there are many factors which can affect their life span. We recommend that you follow these basic care instructions to ensure long life and maximum enjoyment from them.
- Choose a clean vase, and then add clean water and preservative.
- Remove flowers from wrapping carefully.
- Strip all leaves from the part of the stem that will be underwater. Leaves contain bacteria and fungi that will quickly breed and foul the water, killing the flowers.
- Use sharp snips or secateurs, trim stems at an angle about 2cm from the base, then place straight into clean water.
- Make sure the stems are not jammed into the vase, or that the ends are not smashed against the bottom of the vase.
- Keep flowers away from draughts and direct sunlight and other sources of heat such as heaters, lamps, computers or televisions.
- Change the vase water regularly, at least every three days. Re-trim the stems by cutting 1 to 2cm off the ends. Arrangements in foam need to be re-watered every day. Take care not to overfill.
- Remove any dead flowers or leaves to prevent fungal infection or rapid wilting due to ethylene.
If you are not completely satisfied with your flowers, we ask that you please contact us on 0400 634 951 within 48 hours of delivery to discuss further. We do accept that in some cases flowers do not meet up to their expectations and are happy to replace the flowers if we are confident that our care instructions have been followed. Please note we can only replace flowers if the original flowers can be picked up at the same time as we deliver the replacements.
If you require any further assistance regarding flower care please contact us here or by phoning 0400 634 951 during normal business hours.